1. Over the long weekend Dan skim-coated the kitchen ceiling. I don't know who ever though this was a good idea but at some point in history this textured ceiling must have been THE thing because they're all over our house. The kitchen ceiling was a particularly aggressive form of this texturizing. Curls and whips of plaster big enough to house small spiders and their webs. So now, after scraping it down (thankfully before we moved in) he has put a few layers of mud on the ceiling to smooth it out and in turn highlight our sloping old-farmhouse ceilings. I'm not ungrateful though–it's really an improvement. But, I do NOT do well with a torn-apart kitchen. Especially on New Year's weekend when my resolve to clean-out, clean-up and get organized is at hyper-levels. Usually, he does these kinds of things when I'm out of town. I'm thinking for my own emotional well-being, it would be a good idea to leave town when it's time to tackle the next step in the process–sanding the newly mudded ceiling.
2. Emily and I are beginning our fourth(!) year at habit. We decided for the month of January, to post as we began–just the two of us. I know, it's only January 5th, but sharing that space, just the two of us again, has been pretty magical.
3. I've been revisiting the Camp Creek Blog lately. So much good thinking and inspiration there.
4. This is one of my favorite resolution posts of the season.
5. My mom asked me the other day why I wasn't blogging anymore. It's been months, she says, since I've gotten an email notification that you posted! Ummm, still blogging mom, but apparently, my email subscriptions are broken. Turns out when I deleted an old domain name for this blog, I also deleted all those email subscribers. So, if you're a subscriber, you hopefully got a little email from me this morning with instructions on how to subscribe again. Otherwise, the box in the sidebar should be working now, or you can subscribe by clicking on this link.
6. I'm all for resolutions despite the trend to pooh-pooh them. I have a running list in my head of things to think about for 2012. I need to write them down.
8. I've been writing this post since 9am this morning. It's now 3:52pm. And I have no plan for dinner. Oy.