All these pictures were taken from my front porch over the past few days. There was also a picture of several turkey vultures picking through a bit of roadkill, but I'll spare you those pictures. It was fascinating to watch though. At one point, all the girls were standing in the window making gagging noises–but unable to pull themselves from the action. The vultures didn't let me get very close, but I was close enough to be in awe of how big they are and how ugly their heads are–which I suppose is kind of ironic coming from a guinea owner.
I do admit to wondering where it puts me on the country-bumpkin scale to be photographing turkey vultures tearing apart roadkill. Hmmm…..
Anyway…my whole reason for this post is to share some of my google reader "stars" from last week–posts not necessarily written last week (I'm very behind) but good things to share with you nonetheless.
It's been a long day. And I'm trying to get to bed earlier so that I'm up earlier. But sometimes these quiet evenings are my time to unwind–but maybe they don't need to be quite so loooong.
Oh, and before I forget…thank you for some amazing music suggestions. I've been working my way through the list. So much good stuff I forgot, or discovered. Thank you!
Some starred items from last week, for your perusal:
* soft pretzels, refreshed at Smitten Kitchen
* Grace's baby bunting…now if that baby would just arrive!
* roasted cabbage at thekitchn…dan has requested cabbage in the garden this year. i'm collecting recipes.
* good tip: why you should keep your oven door closed.
* a sneak peek at kristin's new fabric design. (I see mollybirds in there!)
* Lori's thoughts on the perfect homeschool curriculum
* Molly joins the club.
* I want to make my own version of these for the girls. I love them!
* Leslie's latest pattern has me dumping my current project to get started on this.
What's catching your eye in blogland these days?