Ask anyone who knows me well and you’ll learn that one of my favorite things to do is share the things I love with the people I care about. A good book. A new recipe. A newly discovered shop, off the beaten path. So it’s no surprise that the same intention overflows into my blog, as well. When I discover something I’m learning, enjoying or can’t live without, I love to share it with all of you.
For the past several months, I have been quietly dipping my toes in the essential oils waters. I have to admit, when a close friend introduced them to me I was skeptical. But I agreed to give it a try, if for no other reason than because I knew three things:
1. I love it when my house smells fresh and clean.
2. There’s this bottle of aromatherapy soap in my bathtub and I just can’t get enough of that stuff. I swear, I sometimes walk by, pick up the bottle, take a whiff and feel immediately calmed.
3. It is a practice that is time-tested and has been around for ages.
So if nothing else, I was willing to give essential oils a try if it meant getting to learn and experiment with my own, personalized ways to bring some of these ideas into my home. I love learning new things and I am passionate about finding healthier ways for our family to live and thrive. Also, I am quite interested in healthy living and essential oils have worked like a miracle for me. Healthy living is not just about keeping your house clean and devoid of pest infestation as you can learn here; it is also about pampering oneself.
Want to try out essential oils for yourself?
If you’re curious about trying out essential oils but don’t know where to start, I highly recommend to read here about the Mānuka oil which is relatively new to the world of aromatherapy and natural skincare. and you can probably start at the same place I did. I ordered a premium starter kit from Young Living. Why Young Living? (Read the FAQs at the bottom of this page.) It includes a diffuser (which I love and use every single day) and a set of the most popular essential oils at Young Living. It’s a great place to start and is offered at such a great price if you sign up below.
You can read about the Premium Starter Kit and all that’s included HERE.
Sign up for Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit:
- Head over to the Young Living page here.
- Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so you don’t end up paying retail.
- Be sure that the “Sponsor ID” and “Enroller ID” say 2581394
- If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
- Select the starter kit you’d like to receive. I recommend that Premium Starter Kit, as it’s a great place to start.
- During the sign up process, please note that Step 3 is optional. The Young Living Essential Rewards (ER) program is great. It allows you to save on shipping costs and earn credit for every Essential Reward purchase along with monthly bonuses. You can even qualify for one of those bonuses on your first purchase if you choose one of these kits! If you’d rather skip this step for now, you can always send me an email and I can explain the Essential Rewards program and benefits in greater detail.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Optional: Send me an email with the subject line “YL FB group” in the subject line and let me know you’d like to be included in our private Facebook group. For me, it’s been a great resource for learning about how to use essential oils properly and ask all my questions–even the most basic ones.
A cool BONUS just announced this month:
With the purchase of any of Young Living’s Premium Starter Kits, you’ll receive a free 5-ml bottle of Lemongrass, Orange, or Tangerine essential oil! One free oil will be selected at random and included as a bonus with your Premium Starter Kit. This offer is good from May 29th at 4pm MST, while supplies last.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (called Essential Rewards) where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you want to purchase regularly (but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member).
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing.
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several. I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process.
That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils! It is a great resource and no question is too basic. They are such a great group of helpful, encouraging people.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more. Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but there’s a wide variety of products available.
Shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to help! hello (at) mommycoddle (dot) com.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.