Good Morning. Just popping in to say hello this morning and catch up on a few things. It has been a busy, but quiet week. Lots of rainy days, fires in the wood burner, afternoon naps, knitting and new projects.
A few bits here and there :
* I had my "official" ultrasound last week and they are pondering moving my due date up by two weeks. Either that my doctor says, "or it's a big baby." I tend to think the later, it runs in the family. And for those that are curious, we don't peek. He/She will be a surprise. (One of life's best surprises, I believe.)
* Showing up for my ultrasound at the hospital, I was disappointed to find out that children are no longer allowed in the hospital, not even the waiting room for an appointment as a precaution against the H1N1 flu. My girls sure loved seeing the "movies" of the baby in my belly. (Their consolation prize was a trip to the midwife to hear the baby's heartbeat.)
* My children are devouring this series
of readers. They are a bit like Dick and Jane readers set in Amish times. Mary is battling through the first of the series, just to be like her older sister. And Emma is plowing through one after the other. I've been (a bit nervously) waiting for reading to "spark" with her, and I think it finally is.
* I have a new oh-so-addicting time-suck. I've discovered the beauty and fun of tumblr. Instead of posting my list of "good things" here on the blog, I'll be posting them over on my tumblr page. There is a link to it in my newly designed sidebar and you can even subscribe to the tumblr page, just as you would a blog. It is so easy to post things to tumblr, it saves me the time of always formatting that typelist, and you all can even share things with me as well! (I'll get to that soon!)
* Speaking of which, I've changed my sidebar a bit this week. I added links to some of my favorite (most popular?) categories from my blog, to make it easier to access those posts. And on the "homeschooling" link, I also included an essay on why my family has decided to home school our children. And I think I've been saying this since September, but I do have a homeschooling post swirling in my head to get to soon.
Happy Thursday, friends.
23 comments on “little bits”
The Pathway readers are awesome!!! My daughter learned to read at 5 with them. She is 6 now and we are still loving them. Do you get the corresponding workbooks that go with them? They are wonderful. Great way to learn to read and read well.
That stinks that the kids could not “see” the baby.
What a bummer your kids couldn’t watch the “movies.” I have my 20 week ultrasound coming up, and I just can’t wait. We’re hoping to keep the surprise a surprise, too, but I think it will be difficult (with my husband’s medical background) when they do the organ scans. I hope you’re feeling well!
I love your tumblr pages and could def. get lost!We also love that series of readers. My oldest who is now 14 started reading with them. As has my 11 yr. old and most recently my 7 yr. old. I’m glad I still have 2 up & coming readers. I don’t comment often enough, but I just love your blog.And congratulations on your wee one. It’s very exciting.
My kids loved the Pathways series too; they’re such a nice little family to read about. I loved the seeming calming effect those books have. I’m off to see your tumblr. I’ve been keeping one to save things rather than using my bookmarks. It’s so nice to see all your inspiration in one place.
send me a link to your tumblr, so i can follow you! 🙂
So glad you’ve joined Tumblr. I love it. This is me http://scrap-book-spaces.tumblr.com/
Hi Grace,I got the workbook for Emma, with the first book in the series. But I haven’t gotten them since. They are really good, though. And incredibly inexpensive.
yay! I just followed you! 🙂
-The surprise of a boy or girl is the reward at the end of labor!
-I love your cat under the covers.
-tumblr? I am such a techno dinosaur…I will have to check it out!
-Enjoy the day.
I think it’s just a big baby too. And from what I’ve heard, doing dating at a later ultrasound isn’t very reliable- it works best at 12 weeks or so. I’m so happy that there’s a big healthy baby in there!
I set up a Tumblr account for Gunnar, but we haven’t done much with it yet. Maybe next week I’ll be back on the blogging/Tumblr bandwagon. I’ve felt like a recluse lately.
i’m the same way lately, too, sarah. lots to say one week, quiet the next.
I had an ultrasound at week 7, so i’m thinking that is the most accurate due date. we make ’em big in this family. 🙂
thank you, rain. 🙂
Love the homeschool essay, we homeschool too and love it.
My boys use the pathways reading program for our homeschool and they really like it- my oldest especially. They consider the workbooks with it “torture” but I think they’re an especially good way to be a “mean mom”- My oldest is in the 5th grade reader- he’s been doing it since first and I swear it is the workbooks that have made him such a good speller and opened up his vocabulary. There’s lots of farm related words that I certainly never knew the meaning of before. Of course, what really sold me is that they’re so inexpensive and beautiful hardcover books. Glad you’re enjoying them!
So glad the girls love the Pathway readers. My kids learned to read on them…so sweet and simple!
you came to the hospital and didn’t call me!? rats. xo.
ok. we have to talk. soon. tumblr. i want more info. xo.
Oh my, the tumblr pages! Totally new to me, but what fun, fun, fun. Thanks for the tip 🙂
Congrats, too, on the new wee one on the way!
Hi Molly,Such a cute picture of the cat under the covers! I know you guys like to be surprised,but Aunt Lauren here is hoping and praying for a boy!Are your ducks still around? xxoo
Congrats Molly! I know it’s late but I had no clue that another little one was on the way. I’m behind on my blog reading.I bet the girls are so excited. Do they wish for a little boy or a little girl?
I like Tumblr too, I don’t really use it for anything “public” just my own notes of things I’ve seen and don’t want to forget.
And yay for a healthy little one!
We LOVE those readers!And I absolutely love your new sidebar. Although I’m a little scared to venture over to tumblr. I already spend WAY too much time sucked into to my computer screen.Happy autumn sweet family!
Congratulations! how exciting! I love the cat in the bed…so cute!