My mother-in-law is in town and I’m tired. She’s the queen of errand running and I’m running a bit ragged. I miss the simplicity and quiet of our mornings–tidying up, laundry, lessons at the kitchen table, being outside. But, this time with her is important too.
Emma probably gets the award for being more worn out than me. She’s got that glassy-eyed look and her lids are a bit droopy and heavy when she looks at me. But she’s my intense one and it’s hard slowing her down, especially when someone she loves is in town.
Here are some random things from the last few days:
1. Thank you to Julie for the really nice blog mention on the babycenter site. Find her here, too.
2. I love this project of courtney’s and the sentiment behind it.
3. And just as stunningly beautiful, but in a completely different way, is this by kristin.
4. The baby sweater is off the needles and sitting in pieces in my bag, ready to be put together. Now I know why people like projects that knit up in one piece.
5. Elizabeth has finally gone full circle–literally–flipping front to back, back to front. She took her grand time on that last one.
6. It’s been hot here today, but all of a sudden the curtains have started floating a bit. The breeze is shifting…
7. Thanks for your comments and ideas on my last post. But just to be safe, I think I’ll leave it up for a few more days and then remove it from my blog. I worry with those kind of words and topics floating around on my blog, I might get some bad search engine traffic, so I’ve decided to take it down in a bit. But it left me with lots to think about.
8. This is on my bedside table. I really need another fix. About twenty more pages in my current book (that I’m only reading because there’s nothing better) and I’m lost in berry-land again.