1. We hit fifty today. They had to choose either something small for each of them or something bigger to share. They chose something to share–a little wicker picnic basket set. (there are great sales at Target right now on their summer stuff.) My original plan was to make them earn 100 cubes, but I switched to 50 when I thought it would take too long to get there. And here we are. I think it is important for them to taste success with a new system or else they become discouraged or bored. But I think we’ll slowly ‘up the ante.’ And by the way, they earn two cubes for going to bed without calling us in because that’s "kind to mommy and daddy." Three nights in a row, folks. It’s a beautiful thing.
2. Emma and Mary were playing the other day and Mary ripped something out of Emma’s mouth. It loosened one of emma’s bottom baby teeth. Any experience in this area? From what I’ve read it should tighten back up, right? Of course she’s thrilled about having a loose tooth and I’m getting quizzed about the whole toothfairy business. But it’s not time yet….
3. Emma’s obsession with horses is getting slightly out of hand. At first it was innocent and nice, but now I’m going a little crazy with all the pony talk. She’s such a determined child that when something gets in her brain, she can’t let it go. I think I’m going to have to rein her in a bit (ha.ha.) and encourage her to focus more on learning about ponies, learning to ride and be safe, rather than getting a pony.
4. I love freecycle. Last week I picked up a huge roll of mylar paper, the kind that architects use. I think it’s going to be great for making and altering patterns; and helpful when I want to make a pattern in more than one size. And when I responded to an ad for a very cool sounding two-drawer, notecard-sized filing cabinet, I met this local blogger. (this post of hers is really funny. the video is priceless.) We’re definitely going to get together soon and decide if we need to become best friends! 🙂
5. I let my 31st birthday come and go on this blog. But I have to tell you how much I love three of my presents. This…dishes are so much more fun with music playing in the background. And getting up in the morning and listening to the radio while you make breakfast–there’s something so peaceful and calm about that.
And I love this bag that my mom got me. It’s a great smaller version when I’m not using my other favorite.
And this little kitchen gadget…not sure how I managed without it. It does it all.
And of course, I received a potholder. We won’t discuss how much of the making process I was involved in. I acted very surprised when I opened it.
6. I should really begin putting a start time and end time on these blog posts…I started this one at 8:30 this morning. It is now 4:02, I’m typing with one hand b/c there’s a baby in my lap, I hear clanging in the kitchen, and there’s a pile of spilled granola on my living room floor….time. to. go.
8 comments on “a list on a thursday”
Lily almost lost both her bottom two baby teeth in a ‘ballet accident’ with her sister.I held them back in place for a while and after a few weeks they were as firm as ever.In fact she didn’t lose them for another 2 years!We’ve started a kindness jar too.Yesterday we got 9 but today only 1!!!
I have a determined one too. Thankfully she hasn’t thought of a pony.
ohhh, #6 made me laugh, as I type this comment the kids are jumping on our bed and Im typing with one hand while nursing Rocky. 🙂
happy belated birthday, you’re such a youngster. And, I know the potholder is the most important gift, has she asked you if you’re using it 100 times yet? Ian asked me where the mother’s day gift he made me TWO years ago was. Ummmm, well, Ian…
love your posts, Molly 🙂
🙂 have a beautiful day!Your mom has great taste:) Love the bag!
Oh, yes! We will become the bestest of friends! I heart freecycle too. I have been ridding myself of a lot lately. It feels good.
My husband starts teaching in a week and we (Max and I) are going to be so lonely! We will have to come out for a visit to your beautiful place and share crafty ideas and such.
I have been looking through back pages of your blog and I just love it. Inspiring!
Maybe the tooth was almost ready to come out anyway? My little 5 year old has a loose one already!
Here’s to kindness!