Following Amanda’s lead….
1. coming up with creative ways to spend your TV-less time.
(thanks so much for your encouragement, understanding, ideas…I tried to get back to almost all of you. Your comments meant a lot to me…)
2. Felted sweaters waiting to be turned into mittens.
3. Rescuing beautiful, handmade pottery from the thrift store for a meager two dollars.
3. Finding a new village for your schleich animals (one of our favorite toys) on the same trip.
4. Practical sewing projects like knee replacements in two pairs of a little girl’s jeans.
5. Discovering there’s a mouse in your house when your sugar cookies–sitting on the counter awaiting frosting while you go out for dinner–contain mysterious hole patterns in their tops upon your return. (they were ON my COUNTER!) Really, the only one who finds pleasure in this is my husband who enjoys a little mouse hunting now and again. And maybe our trusty cats, too.
** I continue to keep the Kim family in my prayers. Their story brings back emotions and memories of a similar loss in my husband’s family four years ago. Praying for strength, peace and joy in the life they shared, even in the midst of deep sorrow.***
13 comments on “Simple Pleasures”
has a dentist set up shop in your living room? i could use a checkup 😉 cant wait to see those felted mittens, what a great idea! and i love love love your new banner!
Are you sure it wasn’t your trusty cats that ate the cookies? That looks like a lick spot from above rather than a nibble from cookie level.
I **LOVE** the pottery… VERY jealous.
Looks like a delightful day…can I come by for a cup of tea? I wish…
What a nice post! I always give a reverent nod to beautiful pottery at the Thrift, that is if I don’t snatch it up!
LOVE the mitten idea- I will use this for next year! thanks for sharing and I can’t wait to see the finished product.
love the “dentist” pictures and the new banner! good luck finding your mice..i have heard that peppermint oil keeps them away. maybe give it a try – a nice holiday smell, too!
Hey, I just went to the dentist yesterday, and I didn’t have nearly the fun they are! No fair.
Lovely sentiments, Molly.
Drooling over this post, and the new banner ~ SO beautiful!
ooo great finds. and love the patches. have some things around here that need serious patching.
you need my mouser, Boris. he’d have your place rodent-free within days 😉
Love the impromptu dentist visits, and all your thifted goodies!
Feeling your mouse pain. I’d let you borrow ThingOne (gladly!) but as you know, she only messes with the mouse and then drops it, stunned and groggy, at your feet….
Ooh what wonderful finds! I never find sweaters that good for felting.Good luck with the mouse hut.
Your girls make me laugh! How fun. I always want to come visit: great games, fun toys, gorgeous pottery, woollies, fresh cookies and the exciting prospect of a mouse hunt.
Love the dentist photos, we tend to do lots of hair stylists in our home.