(I just fixed all the broken links in this post….it was late, I was tired…..)
1. Trying to be the "hostess with the mostest" for my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her three children all this week. It’s fun. Emma is having a blast, but I’m exhausted. I am realizing that I enjoy being social, but I need my on-my-own, away from the action-time.
2. Spending the late night hours in the County Animal Emergency Room with Henry–who wandered inside late last night with a canine tooth and two bottom teeth dangling out of his mouth, held on by a thread of skin. A little snip-snip, some antibiotics and one hundred dollars later (ouch!), we were home. I guess this is the life of an city cat turned farm-cat-scrapper. He’s already begging to go outside, back into the wild. I’m trying to talk him out of it.
3. Tucking a certain four year old’s sketches of birds and sheep into my journal for eternal keeping. (also scanning a copy for good measure)…they are amazing, if I do say so myself. Her best yet–I’m envisioning embroidered patches or printed notepads…or maybe just something sweet tucked inside my journal.
4. Rejoicing in the results a little antiboitics are having on my two year old–who is now a new child and slowly falling more in love with her Pa after what I’m describing as a bad case of infection-induced shyness. (and yes there are two bottles of little pink liquid in our refrigerator. I’m trying not to confuse Mary’s syringe with Henry’s)
5. Sewing backpacks out of IKEA dishtowels so that the girls can keep their paper and coloring books on the back of their chairs, leaving optimal drawing space at our little art table. I saved my favorite towel in the three pack for myself, of course.
6. Making plans in my head for shopper bags, hippos and maybe some notepads with a little artwork on them. (whenever i’m sitting at my computer reading blogs, I’m always struck by something that i want to write down, and NEVER do I have a piece of paper to write upon)
7. Finishing up swap,bday,and pendant packages for a few blogging friends
8. Dreaming of the day when I’ll unhook that little clear cord of internet debilitation from my laptop and plug in that little white box of invisible high speed blog-posting pleasure. (do you know that I can make my bed and tidy up my living room while waiting for ONE picture to dowload into a post with dial-up?!)