NEXT MINISWAP coming late summer/early fall….
(Sorry, swap is closed. There’s been a great response. Hope to have partners out to you asap!)
Two things that I know (I know a little more than two, but anyhow):
1. I love swaps
2. My children LOVE getting/sending mail.
Since before the holidays, I have been toying around with the idea of putting together a swap among our children. I know how much my girls love to get special packages in the mail and not a day goes by that Emma isn’t sitting at her desk writing letters to family and friends. So I thought it would be a blast to put the two together.
This is the first swap that I have put together, so bear with me if I miss some details or leave things out, but here’s the plan: (thank you blair for talking through all this with me!)
- We are keeping the swap within a broad theme "To brighten the winter(rainy day) Blues"
- There is no age limit for the children that partcipate, however the idea is to have your children be included in the creating of swap goodies.
- We will swap by household. Keep in mind you may only include one child, but you might have to create a swap package for a home with three children. You do not necessarily have to create a package three times as big, just include a little something for each child and things to share.
- Do your best to keep all things "handmade or hand-me-down". You might go out and purchase a few small things or treats, obviously, but do your best to keep the majority of things within the H & H category.
- You need to be willing to ship overseas, so that anyone can be involved.
- Some random ideas of things to include: drawings, paintings, stickers, activity boxes, small trinkets, a zipper bag of art supplies, a pair of mittens or softie, directions and supplies for an art activity, a small handed down toy, glitter and pompoms, a postcard(or little map) of where you live (can we all include one of these?)
- Goal is to ship by February 25th, so that packages will be received around the last week of February to beginning of March.
- Interested??: email me: miniswap (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
- Include your name, the names and ages of your children that will participate and your shipping address.
- Once I see the interest that’s out there, I will close the sign ups and randomly swap households.
Suggestions, more ideas, questions…send me an email or leave a comment!! And please pass it on, so we can get lots involved!