NEXT MINISWAP coming late summer/early fall….
(Sorry, swap is closed. There’s been a great response. Hope to have partners out to you asap!)
Two things that I know (I know a little more than two, but anyhow):
1. I love swaps
2. My children LOVE getting/sending mail.
Since before the holidays, I have been toying around with the idea of putting together a swap among our children. I know how much my girls love to get special packages in the mail and not a day goes by that Emma isn’t sitting at her desk writing letters to family and friends. So I thought it would be a blast to put the two together.
This is the first swap that I have put together, so bear with me if I miss some details or leave things out, but here’s the plan: (thank you blair for talking through all this with me!)
- We are keeping the swap within a broad theme "To brighten the winter(rainy day) Blues"
- There is no age limit for the children that partcipate, however the idea is to have your children be included in the creating of swap goodies.
- We will swap by household. Keep in mind you may only include one child, but you might have to create a swap package for a home with three children. You do not necessarily have to create a package three times as big, just include a little something for each child and things to share.
- Do your best to keep all things "handmade or hand-me-down". You might go out and purchase a few small things or treats, obviously, but do your best to keep the majority of things within the H & H category.
- You need to be willing to ship overseas, so that anyone can be involved.
- Some random ideas of things to include: drawings, paintings, stickers, activity boxes, small trinkets, a zipper bag of art supplies, a pair of mittens or softie, directions and supplies for an art activity, a small handed down toy, glitter and pompoms, a postcard(or little map) of where you live (can we all include one of these?)
- Goal is to ship by February 25th, so that packages will be received around the last week of February to beginning of March.
- Interested??: email me: miniswap (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
- Include your name, the names and ages of your children that will participate and your shipping address.
- Once I see the interest that’s out there, I will close the sign ups and randomly swap households.
Suggestions, more ideas, questions…send me an email or leave a comment!! And please pass it on, so we can get lots involved!
42 comments on “Join In On A Mini Swap”
What a great idea! Count me in – I will email you my details. 🙂
Best swap idea ever! Thanks for letting us on board at the last second…much appreciated, Molly. We are so looking forward to this experience of fun!
Oh yes please!
What a super idea – I’m in…but I’ll have to ask Calvin about it tomorrow!
I love this idea Molly! Although “To brighten the winter(rainy day) Blues” is a little bizarre when we are suffering in 109 degrees here in the southern hemisphere!! 🙂 Good luck with running your first swap.
What a fantastic idea! Good fun for everyone!
Hi, I heard about this on Loobylu’s site. My 5 y.o. daughter and i would love to be involved… we’re in Australia and would love to send you some of our sunshine! 🙂 I look forward to hearing more about it.
I’m interested. I have a 23 month old boy and a 4 weeks till I give birth boy. Heard about you from Loobylu…
What a fantastic idea! My boys are looking forward to participating in their first swap!
How fantastic! I just love it! Sign me up!
I have a 5 yr old girl and we homeschool, so we always have ‘extra’ arts supplies and such! We would love to join in. Super idea!
Yes – our first swap sounds perfect. We aren’t in Australia, but we have plenty of sunshine to spare around here (TX). I’ll email.
I emailed you, I would love for my girls to be included in this!!!!!!
I’d love to do this. My son is 3 years old and we live in Wisconsin. He already loves making cards with me.
this sounds like a wonderful idea…i am emailing you first thing in the morninghurrah!:)
My 4 year old girl will be thrilled to be involved. She’s always wanting to send packages to the children in Africa! Great idea! Thanks!
Sounds like a lot of fun! We’d love to participate. I have a son who’s 3 1/2 and a 9-month old daughter. I found you through Loobylu…I’ll e-mail you directly. Thanks for organizing this!
I’d love to participate! What a great idea!
oooh, you know I’m there:)
What a lovely idea! I’m signing up with my daughter!
This sounds like such fun. Its great to be able to involve our kids! My daughter is only 2 but I am she already loves being crafty!
This sounds great! I’m signing up with my son. (Sorry about the norwegian language in my blog)
i want to join! i live in argentina , im 31 and my daughters are mercedes (3 and a half years) and guadalupe (2 and a half) its a great idea and i saw how these “blogging” women swap, but i ve never participated. is it ok that im so far away?kissespaula
This sounds so great! Linked over here from LoobyLoo…I’m Lauri, in Texas, and I have 3 kids: Allison (11-who is very crafty!) Ethan (8) and Claire (4). We would love to participate!
My two children Isabelle 8 and Cameron 3(boy) would love to get in on the action. I am completing and sending out my post card swap this week. So this is perfect timing. My kids love it when mommy does a swap and now they will get to join in too. How cool is that. Sign us up.
If I’m not to late, count us in!
My six y.o. Evan and I would love to join you. We live in sunny FL and we both think this is about the greatest idea we’ve ever heard of…Thank you for such a fabulous plan!!!
My daughter has been bugging me to teach her to silk screen so I think this might be just the venue for that.
Yes!I love it!!!I would love to sign up to this,I live in the Netherlands, i am 26 years, and i have daughter(Daphne)and a son(Tim)I hope I am not to late?Love’s Anne
We would love to join in — we’re just outside Washington, DC, and Paul (age 5) and Maggie (age 1) would have a blast. At least Paul would…I’m really just speaking on Maggie’s behalf.What a great idea!
This looks great. My five-year-old girl will love this…
Molly! count Noah in please!! He would flip with excitement to get his own package in the mail!!
Count me in! Little Lola opens the mail anyway and considering she has yet offered to pay a bill a small playful package would be much more enjoyable! This is exciting!
Great idea! I’m from Pico – Aores (Portugal), a small island in the middle of the atlantic. Is it possible for me? It’s my first time participating in a “swap”. I have a boy of 11 Years old ang a girl of 3.
We would like to join in and offer a little Canada to someone. This is our first swap and am intrigued to find out more and to be part of something bigger.
My 2 y.o son, Henrik and I would love to participate! We live in Norway, linked over here from Den gode feen!
I would love to have my children int his swap 🙂
We would love to participate! 🙂 I have an 18 month old daughter.Can’t wait!
Hi,this is a fantastic idea!! Ive been doing handmade little things and always checking your fab creations. I would like very much to participate with my son.
Ohhhh,I was so excited about this that I didnt notice the dead line!!!Im so sorry for me….
I am a new reader of this blog and am obviously too late to participate but i wanted to write to say “what a splendid idea”!
JusMama to Isa (bella). Ava Rose and Basil