I finally made the big step and upgraded my typepad account. I was getting bored with the predesigned templates and wanted to do something that was a little more ‘me’. I have been playing around with different banner images and this one seems to be the banner du jour. Who knows, it might look different tomorrow. I also changed my blog name from ‘mommycoddle’ to ‘mollycoddle’. Mollycoddle is the name of a small business I was trying to run out of my home for the last few years. But for now, I’ve put that on hold until I decide what I want to do with it. So, in the meantime, I thought I would take the name back and use it for my blog again.
I made this needle book today out of dire necessity. I can NEVER find an embriodery needle when I need it. I stash them all over the house–in little dishes on the window sill, tucked into my dresser scarf, pinned on my chest (then left to go through the wash). As you can see, I could only find two today for the picture, so I’ll have to do some searching for the rest. I made it with a stash of wool felt, floss and a cloth covered vintage button that I got in a package from Cassi. Now, I just have to keep from losing this needlebook.
I wanted to pink the edges but I couldn’t find my pinking sheers. I wonder why:
This is my craft cupboard that still hasn’t recovered from Christmas projects. I’ve even removed all the fabric to an upstairs closet. I think this may be a good project for me this week. Hopefully, I’ll have an ‘after’ shot to go with this one, later in the week.
Someone else is taking advantage of the cupboard as well…I keep ‘losing’ Henry, only to find him in strange little hideouts, like my bag of yarn, or the bin of dirty laundry. Obviously, from this picture, you can tell he’s adjusting well to life in our home.